Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reference Weeding Complete!

My portion of the reference weeding is now complete. I evaluated 5 disciplines for a grand total of 981 items. The disciplines I evaluated were accounting, finance and business law (AFBL), dance and theater (DATH), internet technology (ITEC), nursing (NURS) and philosophy and religion (PHRE). Out of the 981 items that I was responsible for, I moved 670 (68.3%) to the main collection. I left 53 (5.4%) in the reference collection. I removed 233 (23.8%) items from the collection entirely. Seventeen (1.7%) items were already withdrawn, 6 (0.6%) were sent to special collections, 1 (0.1%) was in periodicals not reference, and 1 (0.1%) was no where to be found.

This completes my weeding, for now. We've been told that from now on this will be an ongoing process. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment