Friday, July 22, 2011

Reference Questions, week of 7/18/2011

7/19/2011 (2 hours at the desk)
  1. Needed to check his email; I gave him a public login
  2. Wanted to know how to print from a public account
  3. Student was having trouble logging into a computer with her username and password. I suggested she try another computer and if that didn't work to use the public login. I also told her to contact IT to see if they can fix whatever is wrong with her login.
  4. Looking for the bathroom
  5. Needed a public login
  6. (Phone) Wanted to know if we had a database that could be used to look up legal cases. YES! Lexis Nexis!
  7. Patron was being very impatient with the fact that the computers were taking a long time to boot up. I had him move to another computer.
  8. Student was looking for some books on level 4 and 5 and wanted me to point her in the right direction. I got her a map and showed her approximately where her books would be.
  9. Wanted to know if you can print from the computers with scanners
7/20/2011 (4 hours at the desk)
  1. Wanted to know where to go to put money on her printing account. Black box beside the vending machines.
  2.  Wanted to know how to print a file that is on his laptop. I suggested he email it to himself and then login to one of the PCs in here and print it that way.
  3. Was looking for the cafe he was told is in the library. It's not open in the Summer.
  4. Faculty member wanted me to make copies for her, she had no money she just wanted copies. I told her I couldn't do that.
  5. Needed help with the copier
  6. Patron needed to print something. I told him to get a public login and he could print to the front desk using that.
  7. Wanted to borrow a pen
  8. Needed help printing her schedule
7/21/2011 (2 hours at the desk)
  1. Conference goer needed help scanning a document and printing out 30 copies of it
  2. Conference goer needed a public login
  3. Student was having trouble printing; he didn't have enough money on his printing account
7/22/2011 (2 hours at the desk)
  1. GSS wanted to know how to print in color
  2. GSS needed to print, but her login wasn't working. I gave her a public login and explained to her how she could print and pay for it at the front desk
  3. Printer was out of paper. Turns out the student was trying to print something bigger than 8-1/2x11 so the printer was giving her an out of paper error message. Had her change the size of the document and it printed no problem
  4. Looking for the book Get Shorty

        1 comment:

        1. Looks like you're getting busier! We had registration last Monday, so I answered several "can I borrow a pen" and "how can I print" questions. Surprisingly, every pen was returned.

          -Jill
          http://learninglibrarian.weebly.com

          ReplyDelete