Friday, July 8, 2011

Reference Questions for the week of 7/4/2011

I've went to a week of format since the questions have become so few.

7/6/2011
  1. Looking for books by Carl Hiaasen
  2. Looking for the books Basket Case and Nature Girl by Carl Hiaasen
7/7/2011
  1. GSS wanted to know where she could print
  2. GSS wanted to know where she could print
  3. Wanted to know when applications had to be in for admission for the Fall semester; ASAP
  4. Wanted to know how to use the scanner to create a PDF of his transcript
  5. Public patron didn't have a printer installed on his computer
  6. Public patron didn't have a printer installed on his computer
  7. GSS wanted to know where to check out books
7/8/2011
  1. A grad student I've been helping over the summer with APA had a few more questions, so I spent a little while helping her out
  2. Wanted to know where his print out would go
  3. Same grad student from #1 had a few more questions about APA
Summertime is slow time here at the reference desk. Things pick up when the GS students come in which is always a welcome change.

      2 comments:

      1. Hi! I was hoping that through CPD 23 I would find a blog for a librarian in my area of interest and in the USA. I'm happy I found you.

        I like your reference question post. In my 1 day per week at a community college reference desk, I've been getting only 1-2 questions since summer classes started.

        -The Learning Librarian
        http://learninglibrarian.weebly.com

        ReplyDelete
      2. Great! So you're at a community college in SW VA? Summers are insanely slow, but I'm sure we'll be wishing for a break when the Fall semester begins! :)

        ReplyDelete