Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What is cpd23, and why am I participating?

I have decided to participate in 23 Things for Professional Development. (FYI: CPD stands for continuing professional development.) This is a program that is being hosted on a blog (http://cpd23.blogspot.com/), and for 16 weeks this blog will feature activities related to the "topic" of the week. Each week you will participate in the activities listed on that week's blogs and then you will blog about them. It is designed to introduce participants to different tools that will assist librarians and information professionals in personal and professional development.

I decided to participate in this program because, first off, it's free, and we librarians love that word. :) Secondly, I thought it would be a great way to share some of my knowledge about these tools and to gain some new knowledge about the tools featured. I also believed it would be a good way to network with other librarians and to create useful professional connections. Lastly, I thought it would help me blog about something other than the reference questions I get while at the reference desk.

The program began yesterday and this week is all about blogging. Blogging is something that I really need to do more often. Hopefully this program will help me reach that goal. I look forward to interacting with all the other participants in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment