Wednesday, June 29, 2011

APA Modules and my first Jing video

The instruction team at my library is currently working on Online Modules that can be embedded into the campus CMS Desire2Learn. We have decided that the focus of the modules will be to teach the students how to use the APA LibGuide we have created. We are using videos that show the students how to navigate the LibGuide's tabs. We decided to use this approach because it had been our experience, in the classroom and on the reference desk that the students simply do not understand how to use the APA LibGiuide. We are currently working on modules for the Scholarly Journal Article tab, the Websites tab and the In-Text Citation tab. We hope to have these completed by the start of the Fall 2011 semester.

To that end, I have created my first Jing video. This video shows the students how to navigate the Scholarly Journal article tab of our APA LibGuide. Here is the link to it http://www.screencast.com/t/hrbEfyQkAP7. It's too large to embed. (I know, I tried to embed it.) I hate my voice, but other than that I'm kind of proud of this little video. I just wish that Jing allowed you to zoom into areas of the page. I believe that would be effective than me just moving the cursor over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment