Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Independent Study, 9/16/09

Today I worked with an two separate Excel spreadsheets. One was on genre headings and authority work and the other spreadsheet was the 655 field report for the UTLC (University Teaching and Learning Center). We are going to use the genre headings and authority work spreadsheet to see which headings are correct and which ones are no longer valid.

While going through these headings, I found interesting patterns during this exercise. We did not have 155 authority records for most of these records. However, when I looked at the actual bibliographic records the 655 fields did not come up UNAUTHORIZED. Mary Jane is going to contact Marchive about this.

I was thinking that maybe they are seen as authorized, because they are cross-referenced in some authority records as 455 fields. I cannot think of any other explanation for this strange occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment