Friday, April 8, 2011

Reference Questions, 4/8/2011

I am so glad that today is Friday. I may need to make a trek over to Starbucks today. I haven't had one in a while. For now though I am at the reference desk awaiting questions.
  1. Sent a document to the print, but it wasn't printing. She didn't let the print assist box calculate the printing cost before hitting accept. Maybe someday student will learn to do that.
  2. (Email) A student had put a hold on a database (Econlit) in the catalog. I had to email them and tell them how to access the database
  3. Student told computer to print one-sided and it printed double; printing is the bane of our existence here in the ref department
  4. Looking for a hole puncher
  5. Needed help using the database finder and JSTOR
  6. (Chat) Needed help with ILL
  7. Looking for a color printer
It was a slow shift until the very end, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment