Monday, April 18, 2011

Reference Questions, 4/18/2011

I'm at the reference desk first thing this morning.The library is fairly empty. I expect a slow 2 hours.
  1. (Email) Student was having trouble accessing databases off campus; she didn't know you had to login using your RU username and password to access them
  2. Student was having trouble printing; anytime he selected a printer to use, the computer was telling him that there were none installed. I told him to go to another computer.
  3. The scanner was scanning in black and white, not color. The default is B&W so I showed him how to change it to color.
  4. Wanted to borrow a pen
  5. (Email) Follow-up from previous email: She was still having trouble. She said she was trying to access the database from her My RU page, which she can't do. I walked her through how she should go to the database.
  6. (Phone) Someone looking for another librarian that does not come in until 1:00 p.m.
  7. (Email) Still can't get into LRC. I sent an email to our electronic resources librarian
  8. Looking for a book on wetlands
  9. Having trouble with WebCT. I can't help with that. That's the DoIT.
It's always fun when the databases do not want to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment