Tuesday, April 19, 2011

AFBL Weeding

I have finished weeding the AFBL (accounting, finance and business law) section of the reference collection. There were 188 titles in this collection. I weeded 69 titles, and I moved 105 titles to the main collection. This left a total of 14 titles in reference. I made these decisions by looking at usage statistics and examining the collection to see if there was a newer edition or an alternate source for the information somewhere else in the collection. The oldest book I found was from 1924. As I have said before, it was evident that this section had NEVER been weeded.

If my calculations are correct I removed approximately 91.5% of the AFBL titles from the reference collection. That left 7.4% of the titles in reference. 36.7% of the titles were weeded from the collection and 55.9% were moved to the main collection.

I am now moving on to the DATH (dance and theater) section of the reference collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment