Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reference Questions, 3/23/2011

I've already taught two classes today and I am tired. It warm outside and it's hot in the library. Reference goes on.
  1. Having trouble getting a computer to boot-up
  2. Wanted to know if Classroom A would be closed all day
  3. Looking for the bathroom
  4. (Chat) Wanted to know how to search the catalog
  5. Was having trouble opening a PowerPoint file off of her H drive; she was trying to open it in Word and that is what the problem was
  6. Looking for The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
  7. Needed help finding a book
  8. Wanted to know how to put money on his RU Express account
It was a pretty steady hour. The library is again full. It's nice to know we are so popular.

2 comments:

  1. How has your experience been with information literacy instruction/teaching other library-related classes?

    Just posted on this topic on my blog and was wondering what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I teach anywhere from 3-8 instruction classes a week. I'm new to instruction. (I just graduated in May.) This semester is the first time I've had a full teaching schedule. My experience has been very good thus far. I feel very comfortable in the classroom. I was very fortunate to get a job where I did. The head of instruction in my library (along with the other instruction librarians) have been wonderful about helping me learn the ropes.

    ReplyDelete