Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reference Questions, 2/6/11

It's Super Bowl Sunday and I am here for an all afternoon and evening shift at the reference desk. I expect a slow day is ahead, but I could be wrong.
  1. (Email) Wanted to know if a certain article was available online; it wasn't but I sent here the link to the ILL LibGuide
  2. Wanted to borrow a pen
  3. Looking for newspaper/editorials on guns and college campuses
  4. Wanted to borrow a pen
  5. Wanted to know how to sign up for Tuesday's APA Survivor workshop
  6. Wanted to know how to use the hole puncher
  7. Printed something from a computer on the 5th floor and was looking for her print out; there are no printers on the 5th floor, so I didn't know where it could have printed out
  8. Student was having trouble with the wireless on his laptop; I told him he'd have to talk with the tech people in Walker about that
  9. Computer had no printers; by some strange miracle the student was able to add one
I did not get a single question after 7:00 p.m. This was a long shift. Seven hours is too long to be at a reference desk, especially on a day as slow as today.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment