Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reference Questions, 2/23/2011

I just cannot get away from this desk. It feels like I am on it a lot more than usual. I'm scheduled to be on it every day this week.
  1. (Chat) Looking for the journal Theory, Culture & Society
  2. (Chat) Wanted to know how to cite an NGC; I asked what an NGC is and they never answered
  3. Wanted to rent some colored markers; we do not have any markers at the desk
  4. (Phone) A professor was having trouble saving a PDF file she had accessed from ERIC; I accessed the article on the ref desk computer and saved it with no trouble; I emailed her the article since she was have problems with it and she said she was going to get her computer checked out by DoIT
  5. Student was looking for research articles on guns and crime
 Well, I'll be back at 5 for more reference desking joy.
  1. Having trouble printing a PDF; she wasn't using the PDF printing option, she was using the browsers printing option 
  2. Having trouble printing; document was outside of the margins and the Word doc would not allow us to change the margins; she cut and pasted the document into a new document and fixed it that way
  3. (Chat) Question about how to cite a book chapter in APA
This was a slow shift and for some reason we had it double staffed. We may want to re-think this strategy. I heard the shift before was busy, but then again I wonder.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment