Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reference Questions, 2/2/11

It's lunch at the reference desk. I just finished a great MGNT 250 class, and now I am so hot. I do not know what it is about teaching that makes me sweat. I guess part of it is the stress, and another part is the fact that I walk around the entire time I'm teaching. At least it's good exercise. Now for more exciting stories from the reference desk.
  1. (Chat) Looking for communication research articles
  2. Wanted to know how he could print in color
  3. (Phone) Looking for the Roanoke Times from 1960; we only go back to 1976
  4. (Chat) Looking for a meta-analysis in one article; I didn't understand what they meant and they didn't understand what they were asking for. Eventually decided to email their professor for clarification
  5. Looking for articles from the Academy of Management Journal
  6.  Looking for articles and books on distance education
It was a steady shift that saw several real reference questions. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment