Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reference Questions, 11/30/10

It's Tuesday which means I am working until 10:oo p.m. tonight. I've been on campus since 10:00 a.m. this morning because I had to attend Conduct Board training. So yay! I'm now a member of the University Conduct Board. Anyway, I'm here in my office monitoring chat until my shift on the desk starts at 8:00 p.m. My office mate has the 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. shift this week.
  1. (Chat) Needed to know which database would be best for searching for journals on pet therapy
  2. Wanted to know where to return a reference book
  3. (Phone) Wanted to know how to format a title page and a running header in APA
  4. Wanted to borrow a pencil
  5. Wanted to know how to present a quotation in a paper using APA style; If the quote is less than 40 words it can remain in text, if it's more you need to separate it out by indenting it
The last shift of the day was slow. The library was pretty full, but I guess no one needed help. Oh well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment