Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reference Questions, 11/18/2010

Thanksgiving is a week away. This semester has flown by. I must admit I'm glad to have my first semester as a librarian nearly complete. Now for the 8:00 a.m. reference questions.
  1. Needed me to help someone with the copier; I told her she could go to the Front Desk for help with the copier; she said I am from the Front Desk; OK
  2. Looking for audio books on CD; we do not have books on CD, seriously; WOW
  3. Could not get a lab to open up in WebCT; she said she was using IE so I told her to switch to Firefox
Well this is typical of an 8:00 a.m. shift. I expect it will be much busier later in the day. Tomorrow is the last day of class before Thanksgiving break.

Well, I forgot I had a second shift on the desk today. So let's do this again.
  1. Looking for articles on homelessness
  2. Looking for the DVDs
  3. Wanted to borrow some tape and scissors
  4. Copier is out of paper; sent her to the Front Desk
  5. Looking for the movies Momento and Thank You For Smoking
  6. Looking for a book on Zen Buddhism
  7. Strange printing question; wanted to know if she could print from Word in the library; a friend told her you couldn't
This shift was a little more lively. I've got one more shift this week and that's tomorrow at 9:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment