Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Reference Questions, 11/23/2010

Here at the reference desk, it's Thanksgiving break and I see 4 students on this floor. Whoa.
  1. Looking for books on cassette to take with him on a road trip; all we had were children's books and a few other things that he was not interested in
  2. Looking for the over-sized books
  3. (Phone) Wanted to know how to create a reference and an in-text citation for the USCourts.gov website; also needed to know how to cite a Supreme Court case; I had to use the Bluebook :(
OK I thought this ref shift was going to be dull, well I was wrong. While sitting at the ref desk I overheard a conversation between a student and a faculty member. When the faculty member came up she said she was in the process of applying to grad schools. First she said "I didn't apply to any grad schools in FL because I didn't want to die from a hurricane." She went on to say that was the same reason she didn't apply at any Gulf Coast schools. Also she didn't apply to any grad schools in FL because of the snakes and gators, they freak her out. She also added that she didn't apply to any grad schools in CA because she was afraid that the state was going to fall in the ocean. (He told her that those were all interesting concerns to have.) After that she said that she just applied to grad schools she thought she could get into. Oh brother, after that first line I almost busted out laughing, so I had to act like I was coughing since she was sitting 8 feet away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment