Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Reference Questions, 11/24/2010

It's the day before Thanksgiving and I am on the reference desk yet again. There is not a single student in the library. This is going to be a slow 2 hours. At least I get to leave at noon.
  1. (Email) A professor's electronic access had been suspended. He needed it to be reactivated. The problem was (probably) that each faculty member/student is allowed 75 MB of downloading per hour and he probably reached his, so if that happens the account gets suspended for 60 minutes.
  2. A staff member wanted to know how to print an email
  3. Looking for scholarly articles on the origins of the theories of inequality
  4. Looking for 2 occupational therapy journals
Of course those last 2 questions came with 10 minutes on the desk, and made me extend my shift by 5 minutes. That's how it always is though. No one wants to talk to you until you are ready to leave. I hope all my fellow librarians have a great Thanksgiving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment