Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Reference Questions, 12/1/10

I just can't get away from this reference desk. Here I am again 11 hours after I left. Sigh. Today at 1:00 I have to trek across campus in the snow and wind (yes it is snowing) to teach an instruction class to 56 students. Yay me! Oh, and I'm going to the dentist this afternoon for a crown. Can this day get any better?
  1. Looking for a book; had the call number just needed to know what floor it was on
  2. Wanted to know where the Special Collections are; she was looking for a book that was located there; I explained to her that she needed to contact the archivist to gain access to that book
  3. Looking for change for a dollar
  4. Could not get her paper to print
  5. Wanted to know how to get upstairs
  6. Looking for books on farming in Southern CA
  7. Student had a question about the plagiarism checker SAFE that is on WebCT; I told her she needed to email her professor
The first hour passed with only 1 question. Got a few more questions in the second hour. Oh, I am so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment