Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Greensboro College Practicum, Day 7 (6/3/09)

I arrived at 9:00 a.m.

Jennie was not scheduled to be in until 2:00 p.m. this afternoon. So yesterday afternoon, we had put together some items that I could work on before she arrived. This morning I worked on copy cataloging reference books, as well as circulating books. I also copy cataloged a couple of books for the Levy-Loewenstein Holocaust Collection.

After lunch I returned to working with the thesis collection that I will be cataloging this summer. I read through the remaining thesis abstracts, again pulling keywords that I could use to construct subject headings. I was not able to begin actually constructing the subject headings because Jones Library is still having issues with Classweb.

When Jennie arrived, we again discussed the reports she runs every month. The Unicorn WorkFlows cataloging software they use has many different options for type and coverage of each available report. I ran an item count report on my own. I then reviewed the reports that Jennie had ran this week.

I left the library at 6:30 p.m. in the middle of a torrential downpour.

1 comment: