Monday, June 22, 2009

Greensboro College Practicum, Day 13 (6/22/09)

I arrived at the library at 9:00 a.m.

First thing this morning Jennie and I discussed what all I had accomplished while she was on vacation the previous week. We discussed in depth what I had learned while examining library fan pages. I also told her about some of the things I learned at the Metrolina Information Literacy Conference that I attended in Charlotte last Thursday. Jennie says she plans on having the library's fan page up by the first week of school. After that I did some copy cataloging.

After lunch I continued to work on copy cataloging, and I began processing books. Jennie and I also had a talk. Classweb is still a problem, and Jennie does not believe that their subscription will be reactivated until the next fiscal year begins on July 1. Therefore we decided that I would not return to the library until I can use Classweb. I have 16 hours remaining to fulfill my required 120 hours for my practicum. These hours will be completed sometime after July 1.

I left the library at 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment