Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Greensboro College Practicum, Day 11 (6/16/09)

I arrived at 9:00 a.m.

Today I finished up the gift books. There were a total of 60 books. I choose 31 to keep. The reasons I choose not to keep 29 of the gift books varied. Some of the books were in very poor condition, others were duplicates of material that the Jones Library already possesses, and some would not benefit the collection in any way (including those whose subject matter was out-of-date). The books were primarily music and political science in nature. Many of the political science books were beyond their useful date. Political science is a subject that requires currency. Music books can be timeless, so many of those were kept. I kept track of each book in a Google Document, so I shared that spreadsheet with Jennie when I had finished going through all of the books.

I left the library at 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment