Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Greensboro College Practicum, Day 12 (6/17/09)

I arrived today at 9:00 a.m.

Today I searched Facebook for library fan or group pages. Jennie is thinking about starting a fan page for Jones Library and wanted to know what other libraries at similar institutions are doing. I focused primarily on the libraries of private colleges and universities in North Carolina. There are a total of 39 private colleges and universities in NC including Greensboro College. I first checked each college/universities library home page to see if a Facebook presence is promoted. I then searched Facebook to see if I could find any fan or group pages that existed for these libraries.

Seven of the colleges/universities have fan or group pages. They include Barton College, Brevard College, Duke University (who had a total of 4 fan pages for 4 of their different libraries), Lenoir-Rhyne College, Wake Forest University, Warren Wilson College, and Wingate University.

At 2:00 p.m. I went down to the reference desk to fill in.

I left the library at 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment