Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reference Desk 4/2/09

This should be a fun night. I tried a new restaurant just off campus before coming to the library today and guess what...it made me sick. :( I will NEVER eat at Jack's again! Anyway on to more important things...Irma Minerva to the rescue. On this episode of Reference Desk...

1. Student was searching (alloparenting of primates) the Web of Science and needed to know how to access the actual articles. All Web of Science lists are abstracts. Journal Finder to the rescue.
2. Students were looking for books by Eric Jerome Dickey. They were all checked out. He's either popular, or some class is studying his novels.

Jenny just came on the desk with me...if anything I'm feeling worse. She's going to go eat her dinner then when she comes back I'm going to go home. :(

3. Student was looking for books on global and American fashion for a debate. A strange topic for a debate indeed.
4. Student (same one from #1) needed help with Word 2007. Doesn't everybody?
5. Student looking for books on reserve. They always come here first. The reserves are at the Circulation desk though.
6. Patron wanted to know if you could print on the express computers...no you cannot.

Ok, I'm going home now. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment