Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reference Questions 4/30/09

This is my last Thursday night of the semester on the reference desk. :) The last day of classes is this coming Monday. We're coming down to the wire. Well, I'm not. I had my last class yesterday. Plus I won Intern Jeopardy this afternoon! :)

1. (chat) A student needed to know the age at which a fetus is effected by drug use. I took this chat over from Hannah, and started looking for articles when really that is not what this student was looking for. So I switched gears and started looking elsewhere. However, before I could find the answer they closed the chat. They then came back a few minutes later and said they had found it on Wikipedia. It's 2 weeks. I love Wikipedia. It is not the devil. ;)
2. A student wanted to know where the Reading Room on the first floor was.
3. Another student got their First Card stuck in the card reader at the printer.
4. A student was looking for the book About Alice by Calvin Trillin. We only had it as an audio book, but the Greensboro Public Library has it in book form so I told him to go there and get it.
5. A student was looking for a general book about stroke.

A very slow night. I guess most people have their end of the semester projects finished. Hopefully Saturday will also be this slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment