Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ITEC Weeding

I finished weeding the ITEC (information technology) section of reference today. Currency is vital to this subject area, so there was a lot of weeding in this section. I also ran across several books that we also had ebook copies, so of course the hard copies of these books were weeded. The oldest books I ran across were from the 1970s. I also discovered that one of the books in my list was not in the reference section.

Here are the stats for the ITEC area of reference. There were 38 titles in this section. Of those 38 titles I sent 18 of them to the main collection. I kept none of these titles in the reference collection, and removed 19 titles from the collection. There was one title in the list that was not in reference, and I could not find it in the catalog at all. 47.4% of the ITEC reference collection was moved to the main collection, 0.0% remains in the reference collection, and 50% was removed from the reference collection. 2.6% of the collection was unaccounted for.

That's 524 books down and 459 to go. I have finished 53.3% of the books I am responsible for. I still believe I'm making good time in my quest to have this finished by the August 1 deadline. I have NURS (nursing) and PHRE (philosophy and religion) left to go. I will be moving to NURS next. The next two sections are much larger than the ITEC section. They take up 46.7% for all the books I am evaluating. I still have a lot of work ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment