Friday, May 6, 2011

DATH Weeding

I finished weeding the dance an theatre section of reference today. Currency isn't as vital to this subject area as it was to the AFBL area, so evaluation was a little easier. This basically just resulted in less weeding. I didn't see anything as old as I ran across while weeding AFBL. I believe the oldest books I ran across were from the 1940s or 1950s.

Here are the stats for the DATH area of reference. There were 297 titles in this section. Of those 297 titles I sent 248 of them to the main collection. I left 14 of the titles in the reference collection, and removed 35 titles from the collection. 83.5% of the DATH reference collection was moved to the main collection, 4.7% remains in the reference collection, and 11.8% was removed from the reference collection.

That's 486 books down and 497 to go. I guess you could say that I've reached the halfway point in this weeding project. I'm making good time in my quest to have this finished by the August 1 deadline. I have ITEC (information technology), NURS (nursing) and PHRE (philosophy and religion) left to go. I will be moving to ITEC next.

No comments:

Post a Comment