Monday, March 23, 2009

Reference Desk Weekend

I was on the reference desk this weekend both Saturday and Sunday, for a total of 6 hours. Nothing exciting happened, just the usual requests. I did get one hard question. A patron wanted to know the exact date that a specific PAC gave a contribution to a congressman. It took me over 40 minutes, but I did find the answer.

I have had only one humorous experience on the reference desk. Other interns get crazy questions on a daily basis, but I guess I just work at a dull time. My crazy question happened during a chat reference. Someone via chat asked if they could be Irma Minerva's pimp. (Irma Minerva is the Jackson Library mascot.) This person had a very elaborate speech about how they knew Irma was a savvy business woman, etc. that lead up to the pimp question. Some people just have too much time on their hands.

I'm on the desk again tonight. Hopefully it will be slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment