Sunday, November 6, 2011

VLA 2011 Presentation

I presented at my first library conference on Friday, October 28. It was at the 2011 VLA Annual Conference. This year's conference was held in Portsmouth, VA. Our session was apart of the Academic Track fro the conference and was submitted to and accepted by the College and Research Libraries (VLACRL) section of VLA, which means it was a peer-reviewed session. This makes my inner scholar so happy for some reason. :) Our session was entitled Free Tech Tools that Enhance Library Instruction. In it we covered Prezi, Mindomo and Bubbl.us, Jing, Lino it, Poll Everywhere and Google Forms. For each tool we covered we gave background info, things to know about the tool and examples of how we have used it in library instruction.

My co-presenters and I presented to a room of 70+ librarians. The session volunteer joked that if any hotel management had happened by our room, they would have made about half the people leave because of fire code violations! The presentation went great. My co-presenters and I couldn't have been happier. We received a lot of great feedback from the evaluations. We also got invited to write an article on our session for the next issue of Virgina Libraries. So, if all goes well I will be a published author soon.

Here's the Prezi we used during our session.


No comments:

Post a Comment