Monday, January 31, 2011

Reference Questions, 1/31/2011

The first shift of the day on the reference desk. Oh what fun.
  1. Having trouble printing a Word doc; I just told him to go to another computer, I hate having to use that as an answer so frequently.
  2. Asked if we had non-fiction books and then wanted me to look up Lasher by Anne Rice.
  3. Was having trouble finding a book; I had written the call number down incorrectly, oops
  4. Wanted to know where the printers are located; I explained that we have several printers located through out the library and where you sit determines what printer you will use
  5. (Chat) Looking for the e-HARF database; they were actually looking for the eHRAF World Cultures database and were looking in the H's instead of the E's in the database finder
I got slammed the second I walked up to the desk. I wasn't even able to go check the second and third floors this morning. You never know how it's going to be when you come out here. However, early morning shifts are usually slow. And things did calm down after that initial rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment