Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reference Questions, 2/7/10

Super Bowl Sunday, and here I am on the desk. When I volunteered of this shift I did not realize what day it was. Oh well, I'll be home in time to catch most of it.
  1. A patron wanted to know where he could get a free cell phone with free minutes. He saw something about it on TV. I told him it sounded like a scam. He insisted that he had a friend that had one. I suggested he email his friend.
  2. A student had a question about APA citations and citation software.
  3. (Chat) A question about library hours.
  4. A patron needed a guest username and password for one of the guest computers.
  5. A student wanted to know if the card station in the Atrium was working. Hope so since ours is down.
  6. A question about library hours.
  7. A student needed help with PubMed. She was looking for articles on childhood obesity and physical activity.
  8. A student was looking for the Almanac of American Politics and CQ's Politics in America.
  9. (Phone) Address lady, she is ALWAYS so pleasant, was looking for the corporate address to Trader Joe's. I told her that I was on their website and was having trouble finding the physical address. She said thank you and hung up before I could say anything else. At least it was a short conversation.
  10. The ref printer was out of paper.
  11. A question about library hours.
  12. A high school student and her dad wanted to know how to find specific books here in the library.
  13. A student was looking for a biography of Woodrow Wilson that was written by his stepson. I could not find anything on it.
  14. A patron needed a guest username and password for one of the guest computers.

Slow shift, but not surprising it is Super Bowl Sunday. Most people are attending parties, not working on papers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment