Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reference Questions, 2/21/10

Sunday on the ref desk, and the library looks pretty quiet for now. Let's hope it lasts.
  1. A WWSU student wanted to check something out. I sent her to the circ desk.
  2. (Phone) A student was looking for journal articles and was having trouble finding them because she though the article title was the journal name. Yep.
  3. Helped a patron file his weekly certification with the ESC. That was a first.
  4. Oh how I love the art students. They just want to browse the art books. To the 4th floor you go. Have fun.
  5. A student needed journal articles or books on dance in Costa Rica. They had to be hard copies, not electronic. Some of these professors have weird requests.
  6. (Phone) Address lady needed the address to Costar Group. I was able to find this one, so she wasn't rude to me today.
  7. The cell phone guy was looking for a website on Wilmington Hollywood. I found it and then he wanted me to print it off.
  8. A student needed help with the microfilm machine.
  9. One of the Friends of the Library needed to get on a guest computer. He then thought the computer was moving too slow and let me know about it.
  10. A student needed books on China and its military and economy.
  11. OK Friends of the Library wanted to email something to himself, but he doesn't know his email password. He is not the most computer savvy person on the planet and try to explain things to him is not the easiest thing. Oh I hope he leaves soon.
  12. (Chat) A question about checking your Spartan Card balance.
  13. Again showing the FOL guy how to find an article in journal finder.
  14. A student needed to know where the PN section was in the reference dept.

I am not complaining, but this was a slow shift for a Sunday. Spring Break is less than 2 weeks away and it cannot come quick enough. On a side note, my Vampire Book Display is still a big hit. I will be adding 5 more books to it tomorrow. Yay vampires!

No comments:

Post a Comment