Sunday, August 30, 2009

Reference Questions, 8/30/09

Today I am offering support for one of our new reference interns. I get to sit on the lower desk. I've never done that before. I feel so special. :) Lynda didn't want him by himself on a Sunday. Sundays are usually busy days on the reference desk. Since I am on the lower desk, I'll probably have less questions than Will who is on the high desk. We'll see how it works out today.
  1. A student was looking for a textbook on reserve.
  2. A student needed general info on water fleas. I sent him to the encyclopedias, and told him if he needed more detailed info to come back.
  3. A student needed help finding a book in the Basement. It is very easy to get lost down there.

Yeah, things are slow on the low desk. At least I was able to knock out some work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment