Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Greensboro College Practicum, Day 4 (5/27/09)

I began my day at 9:00 a.m.

Jennie was working the afternoon/night shift, so she was not scheduled to come in until around 3:30 p.m. I spent this morning copy cataloging again using Unicorn WorkFlows by SirsiDynix. The records are downloaded from OCLC using the Smart Port wizard within this software program. After entering the ISBN number for the book I am working on I choose which record out of the ones provided is appropriate for use. I then capture and download the record. After the record is downloaded, I add the necessary extra fields and the bar code. I write the call number on the first page of the book in pencil, then I move on to the next book. I cataloged thirteen books before lunch.

After lunch I began working on some ILL requests that the library had received. I worked on that for the remainder of the afternoon, while helping Jennie man the reference desk.

I left the library at 6:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment