Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Greensboro College Practicum, Day 3 (5/26/09)

I arrived at the library today at 9:00 a.m.

Today I spent all day copy cataloging education books that had been donated to the Jones Library. I started the day by reviewing the copy cataloging part of the Sirsi Dynix manual. After I had re-read the copy cataloging section, Jennie showed me how she does the copy cataloging for the library. I was assigned my very own cataloger code (KQXC) and then I began copy cataloging. The first book I ever copy cataloged was called Getting to Got It by Betty K. Garner. I tried to put a link to it on here, but the library's catalog would not pull it up. However, if you search the catalog at http://www.greensborocollege.edu/library/ you will surely find it.

I'm so proud of myself I cannot hardly stand it. :) I cataloged a total of 19 books today. I'm not sure if that is a lot or an average amount for a cataloger or what. Anyhow, I am glad to be doing some real cataloging. :) Tomorrow I will be doing more of the same.

I left the library today at 4:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment