Wednesday, October 18, 2017

2017 VLA Annual Conference

This year I took on the job of being chair of the 2017 VLA Annual Conference Committee. The conference committee held its first meeting in December 2016. The past 10 months have been a whirlwind of emails, meetings, and decisions. The conference committee was vital to the success of this conference. From the barrage of memes on social media to planning the details behind the many events, everything we did contributed to what became a great conference. The memes were constant, and hilarious. Here are some of my favorites:

  

#2017VLA was at the Hilton Norfolk The Main in downtown Norfolk. It was a beautiful property with lots of great amenities and restaurants on site. Margot Lee Shetterly was our keynote speaker and she did an amazing job. It was one of the best keynote addresses I had ever heard. Below is the slideshow that I created to run prior to Ms. Shetterly's address.





I also created a version of this slideshow to run during the VLA annual business meeting, which was the closing session of the conference.





Being conference chair was an amazing experience, and one that I am so glad I was able to have. This was my third year working on a VLA conference, and I must say that it has given me a great appreciation for all the work that is put into these events. I'm looking forward to being just an attendee at #20178VLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment