Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Reference Questions, 10/10/2012

[12 pm shift]
  1. (Chat) Looking for articles about WWII and its effects on soldiers and their families. Needed help with which database to search and what keywords to use.
  2. Looking for articles on Ted Bundy. I went to 3 different databases before I found one that would work for him. I showed him how to find them on his own.
  3. Wanted to know how to print an article. A librarian had printed an article for him at the desk before and he wanted me to do the same. I explained that we only do that in emergencies. I told him he should try to print the article himself, and let me know if he had any problems or questions with it.
  4. (Chat) Had trouble finding an article. Left chat before I could help him
  5. Looking for books on Jack the Ripper. I showed him how to search the catalog, how to access an ebook and I explained how to find books int he stacks.
  6. Looking for books on serial killers. She had written down the ISBN for one of the books she wanted. I showed her where to find the book's call number in the catalog and then explained to her how to find the book in the stacks.
  7. Looking for circulation
  8. (Chat) Needed help finding articles on teaching environmental education to special education students
  9. (Chat) Wanted to know our hours during Thanksgiving break
[3 pm shift]
  1. Looking for his textbook, American Government and Politics. We did not have it.
  2. (Chat) Looking for the Occupational Outlook Handbook
  3. Needed help using databases, and had questions about how to format in APA. I walked him through how to use 2 different EBSCO databases and I walked him through how to use our APA LibGuide.
  4. Looking for books on advertising and alcohol
  5. Wanted to know where to find the DOI number on a scholarly article
  6. Needed to put more money on his RU Express
  7. (Chat) Needed to know how to cite different pages from the same website

No comments:

Post a Comment