Monday, September 27, 2010

Reference Questions, 9/27/2010

Not supposed to be on the ref desk until 3, but I got called to the desk during lunch to answer 2 history inquiries so I decided to log them in my archive. I knew the answer to these 2 questions instantly. It's times like these that I know I am in the right place. :)
  1. Student was looking for articles on the Ottoman Empire and daily life. I immediately thought of JSTOR and hit a home run. I found the absolutely perfect article.
  2. Student was looking for books on the Ottoman Empire. Most of our books on the subject were checked out, but we did have a lot of ebooks on the subject so I pointed those out and explained how to use them.
Shift #1:
  1. Looking for a highlighter to borrow
  2. Question about printing from a Mac
  3. Having trouble printing pictures; turned the Word Doc into a pdf and then it printed correctly
  4. Looking for books and articles on the Ottoman Empire and daily life
  5. (Chat) Looking for articles for a lit review on normal cervical dilation in nulliparous women
  6. Having trouble with the copier. Sent her to the Front Desk, they handle that.
Got some real reference questions. Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment