Friday, July 30, 2010

Just when I think I'm out...

Well, I am truly speechless. I received a very surprising phone call yesterday afternoon. It was the director for the library I had interviewed at 2 weeks ago. He was calling to offer me the job. I truly thought they had already offered the job to someone else. You see I interviewed for the job on a Wednesday, and at the end of the interview I was told that I would hear something if not Monday then definitely Wednesday. So when I didn't hear anything, I assumed that they had given the job to someone with more teaching experience, like had happened with the other job I interviewed for that week. I am so glad I was wrong. After he said they wanted to offer me the job, all I could say for a full minute was OK. I know I sounded like a complete idiot! :) But who cares, we are moving to VA!!! I will be a reference and instruction librarian there. Now the real fun begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment