Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reference Questions, 11/10/09

The crunch is on. So much work due this month. My sanity is hanging by a thread.
  1. A student was looking for the Encyclopedia Britannica.
  2. A student had a question about ILL.
  3. A Guilford College student had a question about checking out books.
  4. A Grimsley High School student was looking for books and/or articles on the IRA, the Irish War for Independence, terrorist and guerrilla tactics.
  5. A student was having trouble finding his topic in the Encyclopedia Britannica. The book he needed was not there.
  6. Two ENG 106 students were looking for publications by poets during the years 1912-1922. Their poets were Witter Bynner and Arthur Davison Ficke.
  7. An LIS student needed to use the computers that had the STAT USA software on them.
  8. A student needed to see UNCG's Undergraduate Bulletin and had a question about how to access the online course catalog.
  9. A student was looking for a fax machine. According to Lynda there is one in the EUC and the Dining Hall. (possibly)
  10. A student was looking for articles on energy production along the coast of NC. I directed her to the Biology databases. She said it was for a biosphere class.
  11. A student was looking for a book Becoming New Yorkers. It was checked out so I explained to her about ILL.
  12. A student was looking for a book in the reference department.
  13. A student had a question about APA citations. I had to use the book. I am not a fan of the book.
  14. A student had a question about accessing an article in Web of Science.
  15. A student was looking for books on justice, human rights and transitional justice.
  16. A student was having trouble finding articles on solar power in NC. I'm afraid I wasn't much help. There is not much out there on it.
  17. A student was looking for books on Christian Dior.
  18. (Chat) A student was looking for a video on why Central America has limited jobs. I could not find a single one.
  19. A student was looking for food safety statistics for Guilford County. I couldn't find a thing. So frustrating.
  20. (Chat) A student had a question about an MLA citation for a web page. I hate citation questions.
My brain is still operating at the speed of molasses. I can't wait to see the end of this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment